»We’re able to hire amazing people, and it doesn’t matter where they live. Talent isn’t exclusive to a certain area of the country. There are great people everywhere. We love being able to hire anyone, no matter where they live.«
Steli Efti, founder and CEO at Close.io
What is remote work?
Remote work or flex-place means changing the central location of work away from the usual office work space. In case of working from home this may even mean cancelling the need to commute to office altogether.
Besides being ableto hire great employees from all over the world, remote work is beneficial for reducing commuting time and costs, and helps to lower the carbon footprint and environmental damage.
Telecommuting can be arranged for a part or all of the employee’s work schedule. It can be regular or temporary due to the personal needs or project requirements.
Why should you choose remote work? What could hold you back?
|employees keep full pay and benefits||less suitable for positions that require the use of specialized equipment|
|employees save commuting time and costs||fewer networking opportunities for employees|
|higher autonomy and less office interruptions can increase productivity||heat and electric bills at employee’s home may increase|
|may assist employees with disabilities||some employees could be less productive in this arrangement|
|may extend the company operational hours||could create difficulty in scheduling meetings and coordinating projects|
|less parking spots needed and lower carbon footprint||more difficult to supervise and evaluate work|
When implementing remote work in your company for the first time, you should consider:
- how work activities will be carried out, where and when?
- how much time will be spent in the office, and when?
- how working hours will be tracked?
- how meetings and joint projects will be handled?
- how to maintain high level of workplace communication?
- what technical support and equipment is needed and who will provide it?
- what networks and company data should be accessible remotely?
- how arrangement will be supervised and evaluated?
With a mobile time clock app like All Hours you will be able to supervise where and when your remote employees perform their work activities. You will have a real-time overview of who is ‘present’ and working at a given moment and will be able to easily track their worked hours and overtime. Check here for more information on how to pick the best time clock app for your business.
How to set remote work in All Hours?
- Set ‘Plan’ rule to 8 hours from Monday to Friday to define a regular work schedule or set it up to your custom schedule.
2. Define the geo locations at which your employees are allowed to work remotely. You can choose the locations by selecting points on map:
In case one of your employees clocks in or out at an unknown location, which hasn’t been approved yet, such event will be marked on their timeline with a red flag. You can either approve or decline the new unknown location.
Track your work hours with All Hours. Try it out for free, all features included:
More from our blog: